American Akitas vom Wächterberg

Kong searched

Shadi loves this toy Kong, less for playing, but rather filled.with yummy stuff.
However, last Monday we found out that Shadow had swallowd a piece of that Kong. Having googled on the Internet I read that such a swallowed piece of rubber toys can be quite dangerous in the dog's stomach and can become as hard as stone in the intestine it can lead to the closure. Some dog owners have reported horror stories of emergeny surgeries.

Yes, and what can I say, today, a week after that fateful Monday Shadi was choking the thing out again. The whole thing at once. We are so glad. For lasting memories, it is now on the desk. And for Shadi? Never ever a Kong again.

1 Comment

  • Carmen + Heiko says:

    Mit Shadow wird es euch auch nicht langweilig. Wenn es nur nicht immer ernsthaft lebensbedrohlich ausgehen könnte. Shadow zeigt euch erst mal was ein richtiger Akitarüde alles vernichten kann. Uns geht es mit Akyo ähnlich. Aber Bea steht ihm im Zerbeißen auch nicht nach.
    Hauptsache für euch ist jedoch, dass der Kong wieder da ist und Shadow diese Aktion gesund überstanden hat.
    Liebe Grüße von Carmen und Heiko.

Leave a comment »


(not published) (required)


Angetrieben von WordPress | XHTML | Top